Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Wow...... what a week.

This week was a roller coaster of emotion. Good grief haha   but wow It's been an incredible experience so far and it's only gonna get better..... I hope haha 
So Wednesday I got dropped off and my best friend was 2 cars behind me so we went through most the first day together! But elder Stockton Ferguson (one of my good buddies when I lived in Alabama) was my host and showed us around and that was such a blessing cuz if it wouldn't be for him I would've been so lost! But I met my companion about 3 hours before bed time and he's super cool he's from Ogden Utah and went to Fremont high school. He played quarter back and he also played shooting guard in basketball. We get along really well. I, still getting used to having a companion following me around it's a scruggle...... But it's super cool. 

I love my district! It's me and my companion and one other elder who are pretty boys and the rest are straight hicks from the middle of no where so I have gotten a southern accent and it's so funny! We all get along super good and talk about anything! A few of them are elder Bryan he's from Logan Utah and he's just like me! Elder Christensen hes a hick from Spanish fork Utah he works on a pheasant farm and I finally broke our his shell playing head case (shout out grandma thanks for the game it's so amazing!) It's where you try to guess what ya got on your head and it's so funny and now every time he opens his mouth I just up laugh in it's amazing! Elder Westwood is so funny he's from antimony Utah and is the most country guy I've ever met after every sentence he says "country roots and cowboy boots" it's so funny! I love all of them! Elder luck is from Farmington New Mexico and he makes me laugh all the time too!!! Everyone is so country I laugh so much and have kinda stepped into it a little bit which is weird but I know my uncle's will like it lol. 

But ok onto my week! I have 3 "investigagors" one is committed to baptism and the other 2 we met yesterday. And one is golden and is gonna be easy to help along but the other one said God is in my life but not in his life and doesn't want to accept the truth which is hard but it's ok I'm learning so much! 

On Sunday I wasn't sure why I was even here and wanted to go home and was absolutely over everything but I prayed and asked why I was here and my book of Mormon fell off my study desk and flipped to alma 32 which talks all about missionary work and it was so cool! Then I realized I needed to work on hope and diligence and the fireside we had a talk on those exact 2 topics it was incredible! Then we watched David Bednar "character of christ" and I realized I'm  pathetic haha so I'm working on my purpose as a missionary and realizing I'm a lot like the cookie monster and want cookie now and just kinda want things to be easy for me and need to realize if I think of others first it will be made easier automatically. And I love being on a missionary and so happy I get to be my self around my district! I love all y'all so much and thank y'all for pushing me to go! 

P.s. were not calling the Book Of Mormon trash we just thought it'd make for a super dope picture :)









No comments:

Post a Comment