Monday, August 14, 2017

This week was.........WOW

So this week was hmmmm wack, rad, gnarley, and weird..... 
Towards the beginning of the week I was over being on a mission and it made me mad to think I was gonna be here for 2 years and that stressed me out a lot! Ever since I've been here I've had totally terrible headaches like a lot of y'all know about. Being on a mission has made my head hurt more, made me feel like I had no testimony of anything I've been taught since birth, made me feel useless and have no point in being here..... but I've learned so much in this past week about myself then I've learned the other 18 years! I am so stubborn y'all like I know y'all told me but you coulda helped me hahaha nah jk! 
I finally realized what y'all were talking about hahaha I am the cookie monster and all I want is things for me! I want cookie now! Elder Bednar gave a talk called "The Character of Christ" we watched it in the MTC and it was incredible! He used the analogy of the cookie monster hahaha but it's so true that's all I was thinking about! 
Like yall I'm on a mission and I'm thinking about myself let's think about that........
Probably not what my focus should be. I was looking through my notes I took from that talk and I wrote "Jaymz quit thinking about yourself.... your on a mission look to help others and all your problems will go away" and when I read that my mindset went from I'm going home to I'm staying here and I will deal with my headaches here and push past them! Thank you so much to my uncle's and everyone who helped me through this week y'all helped a ton! So that was like most of my week emotionally hahaha. 

But this week has been awesome! Ian is getting baptized on the 26th of August! And he is already talking about goin on a mission as soon as he can! We are teaching Steven and he wants to be baptized here soon! And Billy and amie and Vadia and Lilly and Anna are awesome they are still coming to church all the time! They are such a good family! On Friday we went out to eat with elders Goldsberry and Dally! It was so good to see elder Dally again! I was in the same MTC district as him! That helped me a lot this week too he has been a great person to lean on for support! And on Saturday I had the privilege to baptize one of the sisters investigators! Her name is T`Andre! It was such a cool experience! I also got to confirm her on Sunday it was amazing! Oh yea and an apostle is coming to the mission not this Saturday but how lit is that?!?! I'm fetchin stoked!

Love Y'all
Elder Bischoff









No comments:

Post a Comment